Wednesday, March 27, 2013

State Persucution Based on Denial of Legal Open Records Requests

During the summer months of 2011 the state persecuted me for legally demanding public documents which the state subsequently destroyed in order to cover up the state’s criminal actions. The Medical Marijuana Criminal Enforcement Division (MMED) is an illegal law enforcement creation acting as a paramilitary to control our human right to access cannabis in general and our constitutional right to access cannabis for debilitating medical conditions. Colorado Open Records Act (CORA) allows for inspection of public documents. I made this legal request. The Medical Marijuana Enforcement Division broke the law by not responding to me in 7 days legally required.

In fact they never responded and I had to constantly demand my rights to the documents. I was accompanied all attempts to retrieve these public documents by motalero and community organizer Miguel Lopez. The day I was to receive the request documents, well after the legal time frame, although the state claimed they had them, the documents were not ready. I then attempted to get the DPD to enforce the criminal previsions of the CORA act. The patrol officer began filling out a report when a commanding officer directed him to leave as they were not going to enforce this law. I guess strict enforcement of the law is only reserved for people speaking out against government fraud. As DPD did not enforce the CORA law I attempted to file a criminal charge against the MMED in the Denver district attorney’s office. The district attorney Mitchell R. Morrissey then ignored my complaint and forwarded my accusation to the MMED who is the suspect in this complaint. In order to cover their tracks MMED’s public information officer Julie Postlethwait finally responded she said she had no way of contacting me. . Even though I gave the MMED my contact information and the paper it was on was time and date stamped received by the MMED. When documents were finally produced, months after the legal time frame permitted and only because of my constant attempts to have criminal law enforced, Julie Postlethwait said most emails were destroyed by Matt Cook the head of the MMED after my request came in and before he left office. Recently it was uncovered that the MMED extorted and illegally spent public funds, and Matt Cook was responsible for the fraudulently stealing of 2.5 million dollars during the same time frame as my open records request. What I finally received after months of attempting to legally recover the documents were not what I legally requested and were simply press releases from the governor’s office, which anybody could have printed off of the internet. The state persecuted me specifically to cover up its crimes of at the least destroying public documents, stealing money from public funds and depending on what was discussed in those documents, violating our human rights. As violation of the Colorado Open Records Act is a misdemeanor with a greater punishment attached to it than the crimes I was subsequently charged with. The destruction of public documents is a disgusting and terrifying occurrence that happens in Colorado, and around the nation, again and again and again.

The MMED attempted to charge me $65.50 for the documents they attempted to swindle me with. I walked away with the documents without being extorted by the MMED. I was subsequently charged with disturbing the peace and petty theft which have less sever criminal punishments then the criminal aspects of the CORA act. There was also a restraining order taken out by Julie Postlethwait. This protection order was taken out against me by a member of the government of Colorado in their official capacity based on my peaceful political activity. I was never accused of a crime towards Julie Postlethwait This protection order was taken out in order to prevent me from accessing public documents in the MMED as Julie Postlethwait is the person I have to contact in order to review documents. This protection order also silenced my political opinion and right to assemble by prohibiting access around or in government buildings.  This also allowed the MMED to cover up their crimes of destroying public documents. Julie Postlethwait ’s restraining order is the first of 6 protection orders taken out against me based on my political opinion. All additional documentation not referenced above can and should be provided by the state of Colorado and the city and county of Denver.

No comments:

Post a Comment